Before I start, this is… MY FAVOURITE GAME THUS FAR!!! I mean this game. WOW. Nothing will ever be as awesome as this game. Well maybe something will match it or top it some day. 🙂 But for now it’s my ultimate fave.
For those of you who haven’t played this game by Naughty Dog, I’ll try not to write any spoilers, and I urge you to buy this game. You will NOT be disappointed.
I’ve already played it twice because me, I love this game, and it doesn’t dole out trophies willy-nilly. Ok, there are trophies for collecting all the firefly pendants, and the last time I plays TLoU I thought I picked them all up, but I guess I wasn’t thorough enough so I didn’t get the trophy. Speaking of trophies, I got the one for playing on easy mode, but when I played on normal mode I was having problems in one area of combat, and I switched the difficulty for 2 seconds, and the game remembered that and no trophy for me. Looks like I’ll be replaying it on normal again. I do intend on playing all the difficulties, because I want more than a 2% trophy completion. Two percent for playing the game once. Crazy! Naughty Dog set up the trophies in such a way that the player would have to replay the game on every difficulty level, and check every nook and cranny for collectibles.
This game has a great story, too. Some people might not think it’s an original storyline, a city overrun with zombie-like infected, but who care? All that matters is is that it tugs at your heartstrings and makes you love this game.
And then there’s the DLC, Left Behind. I won’t say anything to spoil it, I promise, but if you haven’t yet played that but you’ve played the main game, I think you should buy it. Why?? Not only do you get Ellie’s side of the story, but it explains a part of the main game as well.
What do I love about this game?
- The main menu. You boot the title and you land on a window with an ivy growing through some broken glass, sun shining, and a breeze blowing through the curtains. In the background is some really soft instrumental music. Already it’s an amazing start.
- The graphics of this game are phenomenal.
- I love the mechanics of hiding, crouching and stealth.
- The Left Behind DLC. It’s $15 on the PSN webiste, and totally worth it.
- I love how easy the characters are to control, and the fact it’s in third person mode. I don’t have anything against first person, but this game wasn’t meant to be played that way.
- That the main character carries a backpack and must take it off to craft items.
- Crafting items is slow and realistic. This is epic. It can really be scary when you’re in a situation with infected nearby, and you need to make something. Any characters hanging out with you will urge you to hurry up which increases the urgency of going faster.
- Speaking of crafting items, I like the melee weapons Joel can create using scissor bits with sticks or bats. Take that, infected!!! Whack!! Oh!! Molotov cocktails. Gotta love the fire it makes! These are great for bloaters.
- Finally, I like listening mode. This option is available for most difficulties except for the hardest levels which doesn’t have listening mode. I don’t know if I could play this game without listening mode.
Do I have any dislikes toward this game?
- I would have liked maybe a few more trophies than just awarding one for completing the game on one difficulty (minus the collectibles). I had to really think hard to find a dislike.
This will remain my all time fave unless I specify otherwise.
My rating? 10 stars!!
Bitchin’ Gamer Girl